Take a peek into the Multiage class from this past Sunday as we celebrated the Easter resurrection story! Here’s what we were up to:
- A baking session with the Middler class making Resurrection Rolls (wrap a big marshmallow in bread dough, brush on melted butter and sprinkle cinnamon and sugar – YUM)
- As rolls were rising, we reenacted the dramatic story of Easter morning complete with tomb and stone
- We wondered: how did Mary Magdalene feel during all the different points in the story? (sad, upset, confused, angry, surprised, joyful, excited); why didn’t Mary recognize Jesus right away? (“Maybe he looked different,” “Maybe she forgot what he looked like,” “She wasn’t expecting to see him alive so she didn’t recognize him at first”)
- Waving streamers and ringing bells as we said ALLELULIA over and over in different ways (sitting, standing, singing, hopping, whispering, shouting)
- Playing an Easter egg relay race game with letters on each egg that had to be unscrambled at the end. Check out the picture for what it spelled out!
- Decorating aluminum foil crosses (reflecting the light of Jesus!) while smelling the delicious cinnamon and sugar wafting from the kitchen from our baking rolls
- Savoring our Resurrection Rolls and discovering the surprise hidden inside each one (they were empty – just like the tomb!)
Enjoy all the photos of our wonderful Easter celebration!